2.- APPLICABLE LEGAL REGULATIONS
1. This call will be governed by the provisions of Ley 38/2003, de 17 de noviembre, General de Subvenciones, by Real Decreto 887/2006, de 21 de julio, by which the Reglamento de la Ley General de Subvenciones is regulated and by the Disposición Adicional Segunda de la Ordenanza General de Subvenciones del Ayuntamiento de València y sus Organismos Públicos, as well as what is included in the present call.
2. The prizes will be compatible with other subsidies, aid, income or resources for the same purpose, from any administration or entity public or private, national, from the European Union or international organizations.
3.- BUDGETARY CREDIT 1. The financing of the prizes of this call, in accordance with the amounts expressed in section 12 of this call, will be allocated to the budget application MP630 33020 48100 “TRANSF. PREMIOS, BECAS, PENS, ESTUD. INVESTIG.” or equivalent, for a total amount of FORTY-THREE THOUSAND EUROS (43,000.-€).
2. The financing of the contributions made to the participating wind bands in the CIBM, whose total amount will be determined at the end of the draw, according to the amounts expressed in section 11 of this call, will charge to the budgetary application MP630 33020 22609 “ACTIV. CULTURALESY DEPORTIVAS" or equivalent.
3. The financing of the contributions made to the members of the Jury in the CIBM, in accordance with the quantities expressed in section 17 of this call, will be allocated to the budget application MP630 33020 22609 “ACTIV. CULTURALES Y DEPORTIVAS" or equivalent.
5.- ORGANIZING COMMITTEE AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
The Organizing Committee is the governing body of the CIBM to which the planning, organization, execution and coordination of the precise tasks for the CIBM development corresponds. The Executive Committeedepends directly on the Organizing Committee; takes care of the technical and artistic direction, of the secretariat, the coordination of internal and externals relations, logistics, and finally, the production and realization of the event.
6.- PARTICIPANTS: NON-PROFESSIONAL WIND BANDS 1. Non-professional wind bands may participate in this contest. Thus, wind bands belonging to conservatories or professional music schools will not be able to participate. Nor will those wind bands grouped punctually to compete or made up of a selection of musicians from a given commonwealth, region or area be able to participate. In case of a requirement by the Organizing Committee, their non-professional nature must be accredited by means of an affidavit signed by the representative of the musical society.
2. In accordancewith the provisions of artículo 13 de la Ley 38/2003, de 17 de noviembre,and in articulo 27 of the Reglamento that develops it, they will not be able to obtain the condition of beneficiary of the awards the musical societies that, fulfilling the specific participation requirements included in these bases, are involved in any of the cases listed in the aforementioned provisions.
7.- PARTICIPATION OF WIND BANDS WITH FOREIGN NATIONALITY
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to invite to participate directly in the CIBM, without going through the drawing act, to non-professional foreign bands that apply through an act of formal invitation. The Committee will respect the quotas indicated in section 9 of this call. If there is a greater number of applications than the number of foreign bands that can participate in each section, participation will be resolved by the Organizing Committee attending to the quality and trajectory of these. The justification for the invitation lies in the public interest of preserving the international character of the event.
2. To constitute a division, it will be necessary the concurrence in it of at least two (2) bands, not being enough the simple inscription. If there is only one (1) band registered in a division, within the deadline foreseen in this call, this band will be urged to participate in the nearest division, before or after. In the case of only one (1) band remaining in one division, by the withdrawal of the others, the division will be annulled as to competition, the band being able to retire without penalty.
3. Within the Third and Second Division, three (3) places are reserved to cover with foreign or national bands from outside the Comunidad Valenciana, and three(3) places to fill with bands from the Comunidad Valenciana. In the First and Honor Division, one (1) place is reserved for a foreign band, one (1) place for a national band from outside the Comunidad Valencianaor, according to registration, two (2) foreigners or two (2) nationals, and three (3) places for bands of the Comunidad Valenciana. In the Honor Division, priority will be given, in terms of their participation, to those registered bands that have a greater number of participations, as well as its results, in the course of the last 25 editions of the CIBM Valencia. The free places for not exhausting the quotas indicated for the foreign and national bands, will be covered by bands from the Comunidad Valenciana. In the same way, the free places for not exhausting the referred quotas for the bands of the Comunidad Valenciana, will be covered by national and foreign bands. In the event that there is a free space in the division next to the one in which had made the registration of participacion, the Organizing Committee, with character prior to the celebration of the draw of the division in which it is located registered, may urge the bands registered in that division to participate directly in the next section. If several of them accept the offer, it will be raffled among them this possibility.
1. The order of performance of the participating bands will be decided by public draw. 2. Prior to the official contest, each band will perform a piece of music on the stage, the duration of which will be limited to a maximum of five (5) minutes. 3. Within the official contest, each band will perform the mandatory works established by the Organizing Committee, and a work of free choice. The bands will perform, in the first place, the mandatory work or works in the order indicated by the Committee Organizer and then the work of free choice. The City Council is not responsible for any legal issues that may affect to the bands for the use of the scores of the works of free choice. 4. The duration of the work of free choice will be as follows:
10. FACILITIES, ORGANIZATION AND PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS 1. The stage and facilities on which the CIBM will take place will be the same for all participating bands in the same division. The facilities will be the exclusive responsibility of the Organizing Committee and may not beintroduced any modifications not made by itself. It will be obligatory and of inexcusable observance by the participating bands, in the performance of their musical works, the use of material provided by the CIBM organization (piano, harp, celesta, and percussion such as timpani, xylophone, bass drum, etc). Annex I to this call will expressly detail each instrument provided by the organization itself for the development of the CIBM.
2. The participating bands may request to the organization a technical testof the material supplied for the musicians who owe it use, prior to the CIBM.
The conductor, the president of the competing bands, has the obligation to go up to the stage to collect the prizes obtained. Musical societies will receive only 50% of the financial prize if their representatives do not present on stage to collect the prizes.
Prior to the collection of the prizes, the beneficiary entities must be up to date on their tax obligations and with Seguridad Social, as well as with the Municipal Treasury.Forthis purpose, the presentation of participation in the CIBM entails the express authorization to the Valencia City Council to request both data from the Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social and the Tax Agency electronically.
The awarding of prizes will take into account the current legislation on Impuesto sobre la Renta de las Personas Físicas, for the purposes of applying withholdings corresponding.
The payment of the prizes will be made by bank transfer to the indicated account by the beneficiaries, after remitting the document "Solicitud de Alta y Mantenimiento en el fichero de personas acreedores, cesionarias, terceras y personal propio", which is available to the participating bands in the electronic office of the City Council of Valencia.
The Organizing Committee of CIBM Valencia 2023 may create, through private sponsorship and provided that it is actually granted, different special prizes that will have to be definedbefore the celebration of the CIBM.
13.- REGISTRATION 1. The registration period will be eleven business days from its publication in the BOP (Provincial Official Gazette). 2. Registrations will be formalized through a specific instance that will be enabled at the electronic office of the Valencia City Council. 3. The applications, in addition to the content established in art. 66 of the LPAC (Common Administrative Procedure Law), must specify the division for which they opt, the title of the work of free choice, indicating duration, composer, and where appropriate, the transcriber (admitting, only, duly authorized transcriptions of musical works), as well as the musical piece to perform out of competition. Accompanying the applications, it should present updated photography and the history of the band emphasizing the last 10 years (participation in competitions or contests, prizes, recordings, festivals, etc.), and the biography of the conductor. During the registration period, at the CIBM Office (located at Av. del Cid, 37 – accessory) the mandatory works will be available to the bands for consultation of each division, where they can ask any question about the CIBM. 4. The fact of attending the Certamen Internacional de Bandas de Música “Ciutat de València” entails the assignment to the Valencia City Council of all the rights of copy, public communication and distribution, as well as the rights to image and use of the name. It is also accepted that their performances may be recorded in any audio or video format, transmitted over the internet or any other procedure, by radio and/or television live or deferred, or edited record or videographically regardless of the magnetic, optical or computer for marketing or archiving. Both transfers are understood carried out for the maximum time legally stipulated by the Real Decreto Legislativo 1/1996, de 12 de abril, which approves the Texto Refundido de la Ley de Propiedad Intelectual and other concordant legislation. 14.- PARTICIPATION AND DEADLINES 1. Prior to the pre-selection of the registered bands, each of them will be notified of the day and place where the draw for the participation of the registered and shortlisted bands will be held, in case they are exceeded in some division of the quota provided in these bases. 2. Next, the draw will take place to determine the order of performance of the participating bands. In the same event, the scores of themandatory works will be delivered. 3. The bands excluded in the draw will be able to participate in the next CIBM reserving, where appropriate, a place in the corresponding division. In the case of several excess bands in the same division, the place will be awarded through a draw between them. 4. The bands that once admitted do not participate in the competition, except for a serious cause justified and accredited to the Organizing Committee, will be disqualified to be able toparticipate in the CIBM for a period of three consecutive years. 15.- DOCUMENTATION TO BE PRESENTED BY THE PARTICIPATING BANDS The Committee will adopt the opportune measures to inform, send and receive the material of the Spanish and foreign bands that participate in the CIBM. The participating bands will send the following documentation:
16.- BAND MEMBERS
For the control of the band members of the participating bands, the following points are established: 1. A Control Commission is set up, which will be made up of the members designated by the Federación de Sociedades Musicales de la Comunidad Valenciana (FSMCV, hereinafter) and by an observing from each band participating in itscorresponding division.The Control Commission will be competent to control and monitor the composition of the band members of the participating bands. For this purpose, it is fully empoweredto adopt all the measures that are opportune to carry out the work of investigation, surveillance and control and, in addition, to require the documentation that finds necessary from the participating bands.The identification of the musicians will be made through the exhibition of their original National Identity Card, or other original official documentation that proves their identity. 2. The FSMCV will only carry out this control, applying what is referred to in Fijación de Plantillas (cap. III) establishes the "Reglamento sobre Certámenes" in force at that moment, in those divisions of the CIBM in which only participate their associate musical societies. 3. In the divisions where bands belonging to the FSMCV and bands from another source, both national and foreign, the control system will be established by the FSMCV and shall be based on the accreditation of real ownership and effective from a musician to a band. To prove the real and effective membership of their musicians, the bands will have to present, before June 23, 2023, a certified list of their musicians(name, place of birth, ID or Passport number and musical instrument) issued by the secretary of the band, with the approval of the president, list in which a maximum of the following musicians must appear:
4. The FSMCV will issue a report to the Organizing Committee regarding the situation of the participating bands and incidents, if any. All the bands must appear in Valencia, in the indicated place, on the day of their performance sufficiently in advance, at least one hour, in accordance with the schedulle set by the organization. The band that at the time of its performance is not present at the venue celebration of the CIBM will be automatically eliminated, being penalized according to the provisions of section 14.4.17.- COMPETENT BODY FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF THE MUSICAL PERFORMANCES: JURY1. The musical performances will be evaluated by a jury made up of five personalities from the world of music of recognized musical solvency, nationaland/or foreign, appointed by the Organizing Committee after the curricular study and suitability of the proposed members.2. Each member with voting share, in nominative form, may grant from 0 to 10 points, admitting fractions of half a point, to each band participating in the CIBM.The total score will be the result of the sum of the partial scores in each of the performed works, determining the result of the corresponding prizes.If the jury awards any of the Prizes "ex aequo", the endowment will be distributed between the wind bands that have obtained the corresponding score.3. The criteria to take into account when evaluating the performances of the free choice and mandatory works will be, following the provisions of article 18.5, "Calidad Artística”, of the Ordenanza General de Subvencionesof the Valencia City Council, the following: